Friday, March 23, 2012

Short & Sweet: Macarons in Delaware!

Ever since I caught wind that Pike Creek Coffee was going to be serving up macaroon deliciousness from the MacarOn Cafe in NYC, I could not get there fast enough! Well, it took me about a month, but I figured what better gift to one of my besties (who has a hobby for desserts and pastries, especially of the Parisian sorts) for her 30th birthday than these delectables. Of course I dabbled in the "one for you, one for me", but hey, I needed some material to back up my blog post. Wow, were they amazing or what? So amazing! And yummy, and everything I wished for them to be. I decided to choose six different flavors (for each of us) - salted caramel, pistachio, honey lavender, raspberry, pumpkin cinnamon, and lemon. The barista at Pike Creek Coffee wrapped them up so daintily in their box, and I felt like I was staring at a rainbow of deliciousness.



After staring at them overnight in all of their gloriousness, I decided to snap a few shots with my iPhone, and then of course I gobbled them up on the couch while indulging in an episode of Greys (yes its still on!). Did I mention that I shared them? I did... really. But they were gone in that one sitting. So, of the six I chose, my favorites were... drumroll please.... the pistachio, lemon, pumpkin cinnamon, raspberry, salted caramel, and honey lavender (and in that order!) I will definitely be going back for a visit for these Parisian treats who are at the top of my list at the moment. Mothers Day is coming up right? Well I doubt I will be getting these... I think that my significant other almost choked when I told him I spent $15 for six of them. However, I will be going back as a treat to myself!


Have you caught all the media surrounding their arrival? Well you can check it out here and here from DelawareOnline.com, and then you can of course you can read about them here in the CommunityPub.com that serves Greenville, Pike Creek, Hockessin, and the Brandywine Hundred. If you are obsessed with these Macarons, you might be happy to know that New York’s MacarOn Cafe owner Cecile Cannone will be at the Pike Creek Coffee  shop just inside Zingo’s Supermarket in Pike Creek on Tuesday, March 27th from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Cannone will be signing copies of her cookbook, “Macarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes from the MacarOn Cafe” (Ulysses Press). She also will be offering tastes of her various macaroon flavors and sharing the unveiling of the new spring line!

If you love these little treats and are getting married, and still looking for a venue, did you know that DuPont Weddings - the Hotel DuPont, Brantwyn Estate, and the Dupont Country Club - place a Macaroon at each place setting for each guests at weddings? They do! 

If you haven't had a chance to, check out the blog post today by Amber Shader Photography with the Shopmamie.com girls for a spring Parisian styled shoot that includes MacarOns from Pike Creek Coffee today! Hope that you enjoy the weather that Delaware is bringing us today  - NB

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...