Friday, June 10, 2011

Parson Desk Redo: Take Two!

Where do I begin? I heart it! So, it has taken me about three weeks, four coats of ultra white Behr paint, touch up paint because I was impatient, two coats of a polyacrylic (?) for protection because I was impatient, some new hardware, and a can of gold spray paint for the hardware... but its now complete! If you are just joining us and you have no idea what I am talking about... I just recently inherited "my new PARSONS desk!", and it was going to need a complete redo. And yes, I do consider paying $25.00 for this desk the same as inheriting. It was basically a steal! Check out some images below of it placed in my home:

There are two pretty staple things that I had to have for my desk. One was of course my favorite book, Domino: the Book of Decorating, which I consider to be a  bible to all inspiration (and of course my desk). The second thing I had to had to have was my gifted bronze horse (which is now gold thanks to a can of purchased spray paint) from Delaware Park Race Track and Slots because you should never forget your roots. If you did not know, I held employment there for eight years until 2008 before venturing out on my own.


I pretty much think that my inspiration was matched, but needless to say... you do not have much of a desk without a chair. That will more than likely become a task for the flea market guy. I have a few ideas in mind, and hopefully he will be able to scour the local markets with success! However, if he is not able to find a chair similar to the chair below on your left, then we will probably pick up the Ikea Gilbert Chair similar to the one on the right in a black/brown.


How do you think I did?

nicole brennan  .  302.545.0412  . nicole@lovelygirlsevents.com  .  wilmington

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...